Wi-fi has long and firmly become part of the lives of many urban residents. Many people can no longer imagine visiting a public place, for example, a cafe, without the ability to connect to the Internet. Naturally, there is a desire to have wireless access to the network and at home. This is very convenient, but there is a chance to face a typical situation, which, one way or another, is probably everyone’s experience – you need to connect a new device to the Internet, and the password from the router is forgotten. Fortunately, this problem is solved.
Forgot Username and Password Of WiFi Router
To complete the Wi-fi password recovery procedure, you will need one computer connected to it earlier.
- Right-click on the icon with the connected Wi-Fi in the right, next to the clock, at the bottom of the monitor and among the items that appear, select the “Network and Sharing Center”.
- In the window that appears, select “Wireless Network Management”.
- When you see another window that appears, on the necessary connection, you need to right-click your mouse again and select “Properties” there.
- Inside the Security tab under the heading “Network Security Key” you will find a hidden password. To see it, you need to check the box “Display input characters”, and it will immediately become visible to you.
If there is not a single computer already connected to the network, then you need to know the password using the router itself.
- Connect the router to your computer using the power cord that comes with it.
- In the address bar of any browser, you need to print this address – 192.168.1.1. Next, you will need to fill in the boxes with a username and password, which allows you to access the settings. With a huge probability, this is admin/admin.
- Next, go to the following tabs – Wireless and Wireless Security. In the column named PSK Password: (PSK password 🙂 you will see your password. Perhaps, it will be indicated in some other column in the same section. If you have a router from Asus, you will see the password immediately on the first page.
[ Default Username and Password of your Router ▶ Default Username and Password ]
How to change the password of the wifi router?
For this procedure, you must connect the router to the computer with the cable that comes with it.
- Launch your favorite browser and type 192.168.1.1 in its address bar;
- Type your login and password in the appropriate boxes to start configuring the router in the appropriate section;
- Go to the Wireless section and go to Wireless Security;
- Check WPA / WPA2;
- Set the following settings: Version must be set to WPA2-PSK, and Encryption – Automatic;
- In the column called PSK Password, enter your new (changed) password from wifi and click Save;
- After the router asks to reboot, click OK;
- In the appeared red inscription click on the blue phrase “click here”, and the process of changing the password will be over.
Reset Username/Password of Router
If you do not remember the login and password from the router, try to enter the factory ones. If they do not fit, you will have to reset. It’s very easy to do this. On each router, you will find a small button, usually next to the power button, which you need to press something sharp (because it is very small) and hold for about 10 seconds.
After that, all logins/ passwords/settings will be reset to the factory ones and you can use your router. But note that you will have to re-enter and all the settings that were made earlier.