Now Configuring Linksys Router is easier then you think. In the modern world of progress and technology, no office or house can do without the Internet. Of course, the provider can connect you to the network using any of a variety of methods, such as leased line, modem, satellite channel, but still the most convenient is the connection through the router. In view of the fact that usually a family or even one person has several electronic devices (mostly all with built-in Wi-Fi module), the installation of the router will be the most logical.
The American company Linksys is one of the most reliable manufacturers. For many years, specializing in the production of network equipment, the brand has established itself as a supplier of quality products. The company provides a wide range of network devices, including routers, featuring functionality, stylish design and a diverse range of models in different price categories. Naturally, the ratio of price and set of functions is directly proportional. But this is already a matter of personal preferences, coming from the needs of those or other tasks that your router will perform.
192.168.l.l : Follow 192.168.1.1 Login to Configure Your WiFi Router Settings
Configuring Linksys Router in 5 Simple Steps
If the network device has already been used before and you do not know the login with the password, you need to follow Official User Guide or return to the factory settings. To do this, you need to find the recessed button on the back cover of the device, press and hold it with a thin object for about half a minute.
- To enter the Linksys settings menu, launch any browser, if desired, and enter the address of the router in the upper address bar, by default it is 192.168.1.1 on Linksys, press the Enter button on the keyboard.
- In the login window that appears, enter the standard login and password, which will be the same, write admin in the first and second field and click the “Login” button. If the standard data for entering the menu does not fit, they can be found on the back of the router or in the attached instructions.
- If you still can not enter, you need to check and, if necessary, configure the Internet connection. All for this data should be provided by the provider, if they are not saved, then you should call the support of your service provider.
- So, we went in. Next, you need to set up Wi-Fi for the router. Go to the “Wireless networks” settings, then click on the “Basic wireless network settings” tab. Here we select “Manual”, and in “Mode of operation” – “Mixed”. “Network name (SSID)” – here we enter the desired name, which will be displayed as the network name. Click the “Save” button.
- To secure the connection from the use of all neighbors, to which the signal will be delivered, it is necessary to protect it with a password. On the “Security” tab we select “WPA2 / WPA mixed mode”, and in the next “Identification” field we enter the invented password.
- We connect a wire from the power adapter (it is completed together with the network device) to the end connector of the router located on the rear panel, we plug it into the network.
- We connect the Internet cable (this is the cable of your provider, perhaps it was previously directly connected to a computer or a previous network device) to the Internet port located on the edge of the other nearby ports.
- Now, you need to connect your computer or laptop directly to the router using a cord that also needs to be bundled. One end of this wire is connected to one of the LAN connectors (there are at least three of them, usually four), located also on the rear panel, and the other end – to the network card of the computer. That is if before that the Internet was connected directly, in fact, from this connector you took out the cable of the provider to connect it to the router port.
Regardless of the chosen model of the Linksys router, they are all configured in the same way. The control and configuration system is very convenient, works in several languages, including Russian, so if you decide to set up the router yourself, there should not be any difficulties.
Like third-party devices, Linksys can be configured with any browser. It comes with a disk with settings, but in view of the fact that it is not always possible to put this disk, because not every computer hardware is equipped with such drives, it will be better to install via a browser. Especially because it is possible to configure Linksys through a phone or tablet.
Setup Local Area Network on your Modem with 10.0.0.1
The current models of Linksys routers allow you to restrict access to dangerous or unwanted Internet resources with the help of Parental Control. After the installation and authorization procedure, you can configure the settings for access to certain sites, you can change them at any time. And also you can limit the time spent on the Internet using the specified commands. It is very convenient for the control of the children who “hooked” on the Internet.