Wi-Fi is the standard for wireless data transmission, which is now widely used around the world. To connect to a Wi-Fi network, you must first Configure Wi-Fi on your computer and the necessary system settings.
Instructions to Configure Wi-Fi on your Computer
Setup Local Area Network on your Modem with 10.0.0.1
- If you are setting up Wi-Fi on a new computer, you must install drivers for a network card that supports wireless access. To do this, go to the motherboard manufacturer’s website and download the necessary files using the resource control elements.
- Run the downloaded files on your computer and install them using the instructions on the screen. After the procedure is complete, restart the computer.
- If the installation of the drivers has passed without problems, in the lower right corner of Windows you will see an icon that is an indicator of the connection to the Wi-Fi network. To connect to a specific access point, click on this icon and select an access point from the list that appears. If necessary, enter the password for the point and press Enter.
- If the connection was made, you will see an appropriate notification. To view the amount of data transmitted over the network, as well as the status of the Wi-Fi operation, you can right-click on the connection name that is currently active, and select the “Properties” item.
- The connection parameters can be adjusted to the access points via the “Control Panel” in the “Start” menu. Open this menu, and then go to “Network and Sharing Center” – “Change adapter settings”. Double-click the “Wireless Network Connection” icon with the left mouse button. Click on the “Properties” button and view the current connection settings.
- To edit the settings of the selected access point in the window that appears, select the “Security” tab. Here you can enter a new password for the connection, set the type of encryption and security used.
- To manually add a Wi-Fi hotspot, you can use the “Network and Sharing Center”. To do this, open this section using the control panel and select “Manage wireless networks”. In the appeared window the list of used networks will open. To add your own point, press the “Add” button and follow the instructions on the screen.
192.168.l.l : Follow 192.168.1.1 Admin to Configure Your WiFi Router Settings