TP-Link routers are inexpensive and popular, they allow you to establish a wireless Internet connection at home. To properly Configure TP-Link router, you should perform several simple actions.
How to Configure TP-Link Router for WiFi
- In fact, all TP-Link models have similar parameters and connection, therefore this instruction will help you to configure the TP-Link WiFi router under any number, for example, WR841n or WR740n. First, make sure that you have a configured wired DSL-connection to the Internet (the power cord is stretched into the apartment, and you have a login and password for connection, given by the provider). Unpack the router: the kit must include a short double power cord, a cable for connection to the outlet and instruction.
- Plug the router into an outlet and press the start button, and the indicators in front should light up. Connect your main DSL cable to the WAN connector of the router (usually it is on the edge and is highlighted with a blue or another frame). Shortly connect the power cord from the kit to any one of the four LAN connectors with one end, and plug the other into the network connector of your computer or laptop.
- Now, to enter the device settings and configure the WiFi TP-Link router, open any installed Internet browser (for example, Internet Explorer), enter 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. About which one is working, you can learn from the instructions in the bundle to your TP-Link router model. If none of these addresses are suitable (press nothing on the Enter key), reset the current device settings, holding the Reset button for a few seconds (or inserting a needle into the corresponding hole, depending on the model). After entering the appropriate address in the browser should open the router settings menu.
- Configure the basic network connection of the router. Go to the Network settings section and specify the type of your home network (for example, PPoE). You can see it in the contract with the provider or call the support service. Also, the provider must provide such information as the presence of a dynamic or static IP address, the name of the server, the IP subnet, and DNS. Specify your login and password for a wired Internet connection, select Connect Automatically and save the settings. Now when you boot and have a connected router, your computer or laptop will automatically connect to the Internet.
- It remains only to configure the Wi-Fi router TP-Link for home wireless connection to the network. Go to the Wireless section. Enter the desired Wi-Fi connection name and specify any convenient password for you, saving the settings. Now try searching for available wireless connections from your laptop or smartphone. Among the found must be the connection you created. Select it, enter the password and check the efficiency of the Internet by opening any site in the browser.
192.168.1.1 Login: Follow 192.168.l.l to Configure Your WiFi Router Settings